When you know that a person is giving out a bad presentation, do you feel bad about the whole thing? There are times when people cannot help but feel bad about themselves or feel bad for other people because they all have to live through the same bad presentation. It does not only happen once in people’s lifetime though. It can happen again and again as long as people will not improve the type of presentation that they are giving out to the public.
What is a Bad Presentation?
It is likely that you already know what a bad presentation or report is but just in case you do not want to elaborate on it, a bad presentation is something which you feel is taking up so much of your time but you cannot do anything about it. You cannot speed it up and you cannot tell the person making the report to improve it because it is already being done. A very good sign that a presentation is bad is when the person making the presentation fails to have a connection with the audience.
How to Make Better Presentations?
You might have been the presenter once who gave out a bad presentation because you went overboard with animations for PowerPoint or you may also be a part of the audience who had to go through a painful report. What you have to know is that reports can always be improved. Some people do not think that it is possible but it is. You just have to learn the basics.
Here are some things that you have to do:
· Make sure that you do not put too much information on one slide. It can be very heart wrenching to see so many bullets, so many words on one slide that you might as well read from the slide itself. Remember that slides are there to guide you to have a good presentation and not to make people have bad eyesight because of the words that you have written.
· Make sure that you prepare your presentation ahead of time. Doing the report only a day before the actual presentation is asking for trouble. You will also not have the time to check out your slides.
· Become innovative and creative in the ideas that you would like to present especially when using PowerPoint charts. Clichés have already been done so do your best to avoid them.
· Emphasize the important parts of your report. If you are telling too much information, the audience will get lost and they will not know what points they should focus on.
· Make sure that the images you will use are related to the points that you would like to share to your audience. Having a background in design will help a lot because it will make your slide look clean and presentable at the same time.
The things that you have to do almost seem too simple and actually, it is simple enough to give you time to focus on the essence of your report or the things that you would like to say. Check out Slideshop.com for more details about how your slide should look like.